Re: [BCD396XT] paul, i admit defeat ...

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 23, 2013
      I have to agree but I have no where the same amount of experience as you. I
      got the scanner into scanning Public Safety and could not get it out. I
      tried everything even taking remote control of the scanner through FreeScan.
      I was getting very frustrated. So I got online to the easy to read manual.
      It showed me how to start various tasks but I quickly noticed that it
      doesn't always show how to stop the task. Maybe it was there but I sure did
      not see it. Of course I was under pressure because the scanner found a
      channel and was motor-boating itself to death and would not move on. I did a
      temp lockout but it kept finding another channel to make noise on. I don't
      know for sure what I did but I find got it to stop scanning the Public
      Safety freqs.

      Don't get me wrong. I love the scanner. But it sure can be confusing and
      frustrating at times. I agree with you that most of what I do is programming
      through FreeScan. Doing anything on the keyboard scares me to death! LOL
      I'll keep trying so I learn it someday!

      Mike

      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 25, 2013
        Very cool idea. Thinking outside the box is sometimes productive. Kind of like listening in on an older analog trunking system on a non trunk tracker scanner. Just throw in the frequencies and listen. And to find out you get, for the most part, better/farther reception. Cool.