Re: [BCD396XT] Murky Display

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
      There is a protective film over the display on new units.

      Joe M.

      kb1dy@... wrote:
      > Hi fellows and gals, I just bought a 396XT. I have a question regarding the display. In the past I've had scanners and ham radio hand held equipment that had peel off plastic sheets to protect the display in transit.
      > This radio seem to have a not so durable covering over the display. Is this part of the display or does it peel off?
      >
      > Bill, KB1DY
      > nr Boston

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
        As I recall, that protective film isn't easy to get a hold of to peel it
        off. Start very carefully at one corner with a fingernail or maybe a
        toothpick, but be careful not to scratch the actual display face.

        Mike

        On 8/18/2013 6:26 PM, MCH wrote:
        > There is a protective film over the display on new units.
        >
        > Joe M.
        >
        > kb1dy@... wrote:
        >> Hi fellows and gals, I just bought a 396XT. I have a question regarding the display. In the past I've had scanners and ham radio hand held equipment that had peel off plastic sheets to protect the display in transit.
        >> This radio seem to have a not so durable covering over the display. Is this part of the display or does it peel off?
        >>
        >> Bill, KB1DY
        >> nr Boston

      • John Stark
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
          A new unit has a plastic covering on the display.
          Mine was off day one and my scanners take a beating but no issues with the displays on them (396T and XT) . I'd say Uniden uses pretty good screens to survive what I throw at them.