Murky Display

  • kb1dy@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
      Hi fellows and gals, I just bought a 396XT. I have a question regarding the display. In the past I've had scanners and ham radio hand held equipment that had peel off plastic sheets to protect the display in transit.
      This radio seem to have a not so durable covering over the display. Is this part of the display or does it peel off?

      Bill, KB1DY
      nr Boston
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
        There is a protective film over the display on new units.

        Joe M.

        kb1dy@... wrote:
        > Hi fellows and gals, I just bought a 396XT. I have a question regarding the display. In the past I've had scanners and ham radio hand held equipment that had peel off plastic sheets to protect the display in transit.
        > This radio seem to have a not so durable covering over the display. Is this part of the display or does it peel off?
        >
        > Bill, KB1DY
        > nr Boston

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
          As I recall, that protective film isn't easy to get a hold of to peel it
          off. Start very carefully at one corner with a fingernail or maybe a
          toothpick, but be careful not to scratch the actual display face.

          Mike

          On 8/18/2013 6:26 PM, MCH wrote:
          > There is a protective film over the display on new units.
          >
          > Joe M.
          >
          > kb1dy@... wrote:
          >> Hi fellows and gals, I just bought a 396XT. I have a question regarding the display. In the past I've had scanners and ham radio hand held equipment that had peel off plastic sheets to protect the display in transit.
          >> This radio seem to have a not so durable covering over the display. Is this part of the display or does it peel off?
          >>
          >> Bill, KB1DY
          >> nr Boston

        • John Stark
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
            A new unit has a plastic covering on the display.
            Mine was off day one and my scanners take a beating but no issues with the displays on them (396T and XT) . I'd say Uniden uses pretty good screens to survive what I throw at them.