Re: [BCD396XT] Re: USB to Scanner Cable

  • Clark Rennie
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 16, 2013
      The original poster was more concerned about the USB-1 cable working with
      Windows 8, rather than Windows 7.

      Clark

      At 06:07 AM 8/16/2013, you wrote:

      >I purchased a "TRENDnet USB to RS-232 Serial Converter TU-S9 (White)" from
      >Amazon and it worked fine with my new BCD396XT. I have Windows 7 Pro
      >64-bit. CAREFULLY follow the included installation
      >instructions. Basically you have to install drivers for the adapter, and
      >then connect the scanner.
      >
      >Sean
      >
      >--- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <scannerman@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I just bought a new computer and do not have a serial port. I looked
      > through
      > > the archives for a good USB-to-scanner cable and received 6 messages. They
      > > all had to do with the Uniden USB-1 cable. I am hesitant to buy that cable
      > > because of the high price ($30) and it may not work with Win8. I do not
      > know
      > > if they got the new batch of units in.
      > >
      > > Does anyone know of another place to get a useable unit? I am hesitant
      > to go
      > > to Amazon because of the same issue, it may not work. Has anyone got a
      > > working unit recently and has a URL to the unit?
      > >
      > > Thank you.
      > >
      > > Mike
    • Clark Rennie
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 16, 2013
        Go here for USB to Serial adapter ($12.95) that should work on Windows 8
        http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Adapter-Prolific-PL2303HX-Chipset/dp/B00425S1H8
        Also go here for info. on the Prolific web site.
        http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41

        Clark
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 17, 2013
          Clark,

          Thanks for your message and URL. That is what I am looking for. However, at
          $5,000 that is a bit much to pay! LOL they must be having a problem with the
          site because when I put it in my cart it says $5,000. Now I need it and I
          like it BUT not that much! LOL I'll investigate or send them a message or
          something. Something has got to be wrong.

          Do you have any more URLs?

          Again, thanks.

          Mike

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 17, 2013
            Clark,

            Okay, it is when I go down looking at details is where the problem is. If I
            just go to the URL and put it in the cart I am okay.

            Thank again for the help. Greatly appreciated.

            Mike