Re: BCD396XT BC250

  • zoykz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2013
      Thanks for your help. But now only more questions pop up. Sorry for trying your patience. A constant fear of mine is that I'm paying full price for a 396 that was USED and returned. Radio Shack flat out sold me a 396 and it clearly had been used and programmed although they sold it at full price. They fought me on the return. A trip to Fry's resulted in just two left with one sold as used and the other as new. I bought the new. Problem #1: I went from MENU to SEARCH FOR... to EDIT CUSTOM and punched in my upper and lower frequencies and backed out. I turned it off to take a breather. I turned it back on and went to CUSTOM SEARCH and it just sticks on CUSTOM 10 even though I chose CUSTOM 1 as the place for my lower and upper frequencies. I can't get it to go to CUSTOM 1 even though I turn the knob to manipulate the up and down arrows. How does one does this? (On my old BC250 I just punched in the numbers on the keyboard to get the corresponding "scan range".) Problem #2: However, on CUSTOM 10 of my 396 I see "959.9625MHz". I never created the CUSTOM 10 and I certainly did not punch in "959.9625MHz" So does this mean that a previous user of my fine 396 created this "CUSTOM 10"?? Was I sold a used 396? I just punched a number on the keyboard and the 396 went from "959.9625MHz" is to "946.1375MHz". So I someone has previously owned my "new" 396? I really don't know how to present this to Fry's to get a refund, LOL. It's way beyond their 30 day return policy. I'd be grateful if you could please tell me how I could access my CUSTOM 1 so I could at least listen to my frequencies as I ponder my alleged rip-off, LOL. Thanks.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2013
        There are preprogrammed search ranges in all scanners.

        To disable slot 10 and enable slot 1 just do the same as
        you did on your 250 - hit the 1 key then the 0 (10) key.

        Joe M.