Re: [BCD396XT] BCD396XT BC250

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2013
      I too am very happy for the standard cells.

      The XT has the same feature with the same name.

      MENU
      SEARCH FOR
      EDIT CUSTOM (or select CUSTOM SEARCH once programmed)
      Select the slot (1-10)
      Edit the limits, etc.

      Once you are done setting things up, 'back out' of that menu step using
      the MENU button and select CUSTOM SEARCH.

      Joe M.

      zoykz wrote:
      > Hello, good people. I bought a new BCD396XT and I can't stop using it. I'm so happy Uniden has gone to regular batteries instead of the expensive proprietary batteries with the wires and plug! I have a Uniden BC250 that has TEN "search ranges" and I'm wondering if my BCD396XT has the same feature and I was wondering if some kind soul could tell me how to access this feature. Does Uniden still call it "search ranges"? The BC250 menu is MENU/BACK button, SERVICE OPTION, CHAIN SEARCH, SEARCH RANGE. You could create 10 separate search ranges. It was real handy for keeping on top of many frequencies. Thanks for any help.

    • zoykz
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2013
        Thanks for your help. But now only more questions pop up. Sorry for trying your patience. A constant fear of mine is that I'm paying full price for a 396 that was USED and returned. Radio Shack flat out sold me a 396 and it clearly had been used and programmed although they sold it at full price. They fought me on the return. A trip to Fry's resulted in just two left with one sold as used and the other as new. I bought the new. Problem #1: I went from MENU to SEARCH FOR... to EDIT CUSTOM and punched in my upper and lower frequencies and backed out. I turned it off to take a breather. I turned it back on and went to CUSTOM SEARCH and it just sticks on CUSTOM 10 even though I chose CUSTOM 1 as the place for my lower and upper frequencies. I can't get it to go to CUSTOM 1 even though I turn the knob to manipulate the up and down arrows. How does one does this? (On my old BC250 I just punched in the numbers on the keyboard to get the corresponding "scan range".) Problem #2: However, on CUSTOM 10 of my 396 I see "959.9625MHz". I never created the CUSTOM 10 and I certainly did not punch in "959.9625MHz" So does this mean that a previous user of my fine 396 created this "CUSTOM 10"?? Was I sold a used 396? I just punched a number on the keyboard and the 396 went from "959.9625MHz" is to "946.1375MHz". So I someone has previously owned my "new" 396? I really don't know how to present this to Fry's to get a refund, LOL. It's way beyond their 30 day return policy. I'd be grateful if you could please tell me how I could access my CUSTOM 1 so I could at least listen to my frequencies as I ponder my alleged rip-off, LOL. Thanks.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7, 2013
          There are preprogrammed search ranges in all scanners.

          To disable slot 10 and enable slot 1 just do the same as
          you did on your 250 - hit the 1 key then the 0 (10) key.

          Joe M.