Re: Firmware Update

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2 5:52 PM
      Thank you that worked this time. And I didn't realize but I already had the 1.11.01 version....is that the most current one?

      I had the wrong software downloaded but got it now.

      Thank you again,

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@...> wrote:

      > For the newest firmware update software, go here.
      > http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate
      > With this version, the process is very easy.
      >
      > Clark
      >
      > At 04:48 PM 7/2/2013, you wrote:
      >
      > >I am attempting to download the latest firmware update (haven't done it
      > >for years when I did it to my BC246T).
      > >
      > >I have the USB cable (running Windows 7), downloaded the driver for the
      > >cable and the BCD396XT Directory Software. When it comes time to plugging
      > >in the cable to the scanner, I hear the tone from the computer recognizing
      > >the hardware then when I clock connect to scanner I get the error "cannot
      > >open com port 5. Port may be used by other software."
      > >
      > >Any idea how to do fix this?

    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2 6:50 PM
        Yes, that is the latest. You can see the release notes and check version info at http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate.