Re: [BCD396XT] Firmware Update

  • Clark Rennie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2 5:37 PM
      For the newest firmware update software, go here.
      http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate
      With this version, the process is very easy.

      Clark

      At 04:48 PM 7/2/2013, you wrote:

      >I am attempting to download the latest firmware update (haven't done it
      >for years when I did it to my BC246T).
      >
      >I have the USB cable (running Windows 7), downloaded the driver for the
      >cable and the BCD396XT Directory Software. When it comes time to plugging
      >in the cable to the scanner, I hear the tone from the computer recognizing
      >the hardware then when I clock connect to scanner I get the error "cannot
      >open com port 5. Port may be used by other software."
      >
      >Any idea how to do fix this?

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2 5:52 PM
        Thank you that worked this time. And I didn't realize but I already had the 1.11.01 version....is that the most current one?

        I had the wrong software downloaded but got it now.

        Thank you again,

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@...> wrote:

        > For the newest firmware update software, go here.
        > http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate
        > With this version, the process is very easy.
        >
        > Clark
        >
        > At 04:48 PM 7/2/2013, you wrote:
        >
        > >I am attempting to download the latest firmware update (haven't done it
        > >for years when I did it to my BC246T).
        > >
        > >I have the USB cable (running Windows 7), downloaded the driver for the
        > >cable and the BCD396XT Directory Software. When it comes time to plugging
        > >in the cable to the scanner, I hear the tone from the computer recognizing
        > >the hardware then when I clock connect to scanner I get the error "cannot
        > >open com port 5. Port may be used by other software."
        > >
        > >Any idea how to do fix this?

      • Uniden UPMan
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2 6:50 PM
          Yes, that is the latest. You can see the release notes and check version info at http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate.