Re: [BCD396XT] Firmware Update

  • Uniden UPMan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2013
      What exactly do you mean by "BCD396XT Directory Software"? I am unfamiliar with that term, and so am having trouble knowing what is generating the error. It doesn't sound like you are running BC_VUP3 (the program used to update the firmware).

      UpMan

      >________________________________

    • Clark Rennie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2013
        For the newest firmware update software, go here.
        http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate
        With this version, the process is very easy.

        Clark

        At 04:48 PM 7/2/2013, you wrote:

        >I am attempting to download the latest firmware update (haven't done it
        >for years when I did it to my BC246T).
        >
        >I have the USB cable (running Windows 7), downloaded the driver for the
        >cable and the BCD396XT Directory Software. When it comes time to plugging
        >in the cable to the scanner, I hear the tone from the computer recognizing
        >the hardware then when I clock connect to scanner I get the error "cannot
        >open com port 5. Port may be used by other software."
        >
        >Any idea how to do fix this?

      • Steve
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2013
          Thank you that worked this time. And I didn't realize but I already had the 1.11.01 version....is that the most current one?

          I had the wrong software downloaded but got it now.

          Thank you again,

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@...> wrote:

          > For the newest firmware update software, go here.
          > http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate
          > With this version, the process is very easy.
          >
          > Clark
          >
          > At 04:48 PM 7/2/2013, you wrote:
          >
          > >I am attempting to download the latest firmware update (haven't done it
          > >for years when I did it to my BC246T).
          > >
          > >I have the USB cable (running Windows 7), downloaded the driver for the
          > >cable and the BCD396XT Directory Software. When it comes time to plugging
          > >in the cable to the scanner, I hear the tone from the computer recognizing
          > >the hardware then when I clock connect to scanner I get the error "cannot
          > >open com port 5. Port may be used by other software."
          > >
          > >Any idea how to do fix this?

        • Uniden UPMan
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2013
            Yes, that is the latest. You can see the release notes and check version info at http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate.