Firmware Update

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2 4:48 PM
      I am attempting to download the latest firmware update (haven't done it for years when I did it to my BC246T).

      I have the USB cable (running Windows 7), downloaded the driver for the cable and the BCD396XT Directory Software. When it comes time to plugging in the cable to the scanner, I hear the tone from the computer recognizing the hardware then when I clock connect to scanner I get the error "cannot open com port 5. Port may be used by other software."

      Any idea how to do fix this?
    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2 5:22 PM
        What exactly do you mean by "BCD396XT Directory Software"? I am unfamiliar with that term, and so am having trouble knowing what is generating the error. It doesn't sound like you are running BC_VUP3 (the program used to update the firmware).

        UpMan

        >________________________________

      • Clark Rennie
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2 5:37 PM
          For the newest firmware update software, go here.
          http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate
          With this version, the process is very easy.

          Clark

          At 04:48 PM 7/2/2013, you wrote:

          >I am attempting to download the latest firmware update (haven't done it
          >for years when I did it to my BC246T).
          >
          >I have the USB cable (running Windows 7), downloaded the driver for the
          >cable and the BCD396XT Directory Software. When it comes time to plugging
          >in the cable to the scanner, I hear the tone from the computer recognizing
          >the hardware then when I clock connect to scanner I get the error "cannot
          >open com port 5. Port may be used by other software."
          >
          >Any idea how to do fix this?

        • Steve
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2 5:52 PM
            Thank you that worked this time. And I didn't realize but I already had the 1.11.01 version....is that the most current one?

            I had the wrong software downloaded but got it now.

            Thank you again,

            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@...> wrote:

            > For the newest firmware update software, go here.
            > http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate
            > With this version, the process is very easy.
            >
            > Clark
            >
            > At 04:48 PM 7/2/2013, you wrote:
            >
            > >I am attempting to download the latest firmware update (haven't done it
            > >for years when I did it to my BC246T).
            > >
            > >I have the USB cable (running Windows 7), downloaded the driver for the
            > >cable and the BCD396XT Directory Software. When it comes time to plugging
            > >in the cable to the scanner, I hear the tone from the computer recognizing
            > >the hardware then when I clock connect to scanner I get the error "cannot
            > >open com port 5. Port may be used by other software."
            > >
            > >Any idea how to do fix this?

          • Uniden UPMan
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2 6:50 PM
              Yes, that is the latest. You can see the release notes and check version info at http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate.