Programing Question

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2013
      Hello all,

      I am new to the group and just bought the BCD396XT.

      I want to program in some Digital (P25) conventional frequencies in a county and am a little concerned on how to.

      Knowing it is Digital (P25) conventional, when I set up a new system the scanner asks what kind of system to choose (MOT, EDACS, P25, Conventional and one other thing that I cannot remember).

      Do I choose P25 which then asks if I want traditional trunking or single Frequency or do I just choose conventional, then add the frequency and under audio options make sure that it is set to Digital only (I suppose Analog and Digital would work)?

      Thanks,
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2013
        Conventional frequencies - even P25 conventional, are put in a
        Conventional system. LTR was the other option, BTW. You can set the
        channel as DIGITAL ONLY and specify the NAC if you like.

        Joe M.

        Steve wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I am new to the group and just bought the BCD396XT.
        >
        > I want to program in some Digital (P25) conventional frequencies in a county and am a little concerned on how to.
        >
        > Knowing it is Digital (P25) conventional, when I set up a new system the scanner asks what kind of system to choose (MOT, EDACS, P25, Conventional and one other thing that I cannot remember).
        >
        > Do I choose P25 which then asks if I want traditional trunking or single Frequency or do I just choose conventional, then add the frequency and under audio options make sure that it is set to Digital only (I suppose Analog and Digital would work)?
        >
        > Thanks,

      • Steve
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2013
          Joe, thank you for your response. What does NAC mean? I'm somewhat scanner experienced but never heard of that?

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2013
            This was answered in another thread on the list, but...

            Network Access Code. It's the P25 version of CTCSS.

            Joe M.