Re: [BCD396XT] NAC Settings

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2013
      Set the NAC under the NAC field. Make
      sure you don't have "simple view" enabled.

      Joe M.

      glg-swl7687@... wrote:
      > Hello Group,
      >
      > Using FreeScan --- to load freq's into 396xt.
      >
      > Q: How does one setup FreeScan to decode NAC codes?
      > Like 171.6125 NAC167 FBI or 410.800 N798 Federal Protective Service.
      >
      > Thanks for the information.
      >
      > Greg

    • spacezephyr
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 29, 2013
        Hi Joe M.

        Found the NAC Tab Field.

        Q: Does the radio find the NAC used, or do I need to enter them in?
        If the radio finds the NAC as it scans on auto pilot, what setup settings
        are needed, if any?

        Thank for your time and interest.

        Greg

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29, 2013
          The scanner will search NACs.

          I think how you set it up in FreeScan is to set the
          channel to DIGITAL ONLY and enter SRCH in the NAC field.

          If that doesn't work, set it to digital only with SEARCH selected for
          the NAC, then read that into FreeScan to see how it is interpreted.

          Joe M.