Re: [BCD396XT] New YahooGroups for the newer Uniden Scanner Models

  • Gary Saffer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 23, 2013
      I charge it from my desk top and lap top all the time.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 23, 2013
        USB3 low power spec is 150 mA max. There is a high power port which must
        use a connection to the power supply which will provide up to 900 mAH.

        Is is also worth noting that the USB3 spec is between 4.45V and 5.25V so
        you may not even have sufficient current for a 5V device. I've also read
        a spec that allows down to 4.0V for USB3.

        Of course, it's never a good idea to run any device at maximum current
        capacity for several hours on end, let alone 16 hours or more. That
        develops heat and heat is the mortal enemy of electronics.

        Joe M.

      • Don.Curtis@att.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 23, 2013
          Yes, I'm sure you do, but I will bet dollars to doughnuts, that it takes much longer to charge via a laptop or desktop.

          5v @500ma = 2.5 watts

          As you or someone else mentioned, the typical iPhone or iPad charger is closer to 10 watts and thus should charge it 4 times faster (all else being equal).