396XT with GPS and RH96

  • crowemag55
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2009
      So.. I guess my plans for using the 396XT with both the Remote Head AND GPS are pretty much out of the question since it only has the one comm port on it... I had wanted to take the 996t out of the GoldWing and put it in the large gaping hole in the dash of my car and use the hand held on the Wing.. (Hidden nicely away in the trunk).

      If Uniden had just made that blank port on the front of the RH96 an actual port...

      John
    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2009
        I've seen mention (don't recall where, now...too many lists) of someone looking into making a box that would take 2 serial inputs and time-divide them....30 seconds on the RH port, 2 seconds on the GPS port or a similar ratio (would probably be OK at 60 seconds on the RH port and 2 seconds on GPS unless you are flying...).
         UPMan