Freescan files?

  • vbwyrde
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 23, 2013
      Hi,

      The BCD396xt is great but a bit over budget. I would like to know how I can get the trunking frequencies set up... I see I could add them manually, or use freescan to do that automatically. In the software there's a option for uploading the files. Yet I don't see how I can get the files for uploading from the website without paying for it. Is it poor form to ask if there happens to be a way to get the files without having to pay the semi-annual fee? It's pretty expensive and I'm likely to only want to use it for a first time setup anyway, which means I'd pay what seems like a lot. Or am I kinda stuck with adding them manually, which would be a bit tedious, but doable. Just wondering. Trying to cut costs, and save time both here. If possible. Thanks.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 23, 2013
        Frrescan has a feature called, "EZ Grab"

        It will let you do a cut n paste from Radio Reference by merely highlighting what you want.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 23, 2013
          You can use EZ-Grab which requires that you copy the data on the
          webpage, click the EZ-Grab button, import the data to the screen, then
          import it to the scanner.

          If your time is worth anything, and you have more than a few systems you
          want to import, you are much better off simply paying the money so you
          can select which systems you want and import them directly.

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 23, 2013
            Are you saying that you think $7.50 for a 90 subscription is too much ?
            And how much did you pay for your BCD396XT ?

            Clark

            At 03:42 PM 6/23/2013, you wrote:

            >Hi,
            >
            >The BCD396xt is great but a bit over budget. I would like to know how I
            >can get the trunking frequencies set up... I see I could add them
            >manually, or use freescan to do that automatically. In the software
            >there's a option for uploading the files. Yet I don't see how I can get
            >the files for uploading from the website without paying for it. Is it
            >poor form to ask if there happens to be a way to get the files without
            >having to pay the semi-annual fee? It's pretty expensive and I'm likely
            >to only want to use it for a first time setup anyway, which means I'd pay
            >what seems like a lot. Or am I kinda stuck with adding them manually,
            >which would be a bit tedious, but doable. Just wondering. Trying to cut
            >costs, and save time both here. If possible. Thanks.
          • John Stark
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 23, 2013
              He could always pay someone $20 to program it for him.....

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 23, 2013
                Ok that's great news. Thanks!