RE: [BCD396XT] Bcd396XT unable to pick up FWA airport transmissions

  • Michael Hopkins
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 23, 2013
      Don't know how far you are from the airport, but to hear most of what you
      have listed you'll need to be pretty close - 10 miles or so unless you have
      a tall tower for your antenna. I've got an antenna on a tower about 35 feet
      in the air and can hear tower frequencies for airports about 15 miles away
      but a few I can only hear with a pre-amp between the antenna and radio.
      Others closer to me (Manchester NH and Nashua NH) are about 15 and 5 miles
      away respectively and I can hear all the frequencies.

      Try these approach frequencies for your area.

      127.2 SW TO NW

      132.15 SE TO NE

      Same frequencies are used for departures.

      Indianapolis center Frequencies - aircraft will be at high altitudes -- to
      try:

      132.525, 128.3, 120.65, 134.175, 132.2 128.4 119.475 Some of
      these might work

      Good luck

      Mike Hopkins K1VLB

      Mhopkins735@...

      From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
      Behalf
      Of Michael Weidemeier
      Sent: Saturday, 22 June 2013 07:54
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>

      My BCD396XT is not picking up commercial aircraft tranmissions at Fort
      Wayne, International airport in Indiana.. I imported the frequencies from
      radioreference with proscan. Everything else works fine. I can see FWA come
      up but I never get any transmissions from planes or the airport. Any
      solutions would be greatly appreciated. It is a conventional system and is
      analog.
      Thanks, Mike