RE: [BCD396XT] Bcd396XT unable to pick up FWA airport transmissions

  • David Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 21, 2013
      Did a quick search on frequencies, just check these match what you have
      imported, and that modulation is set for AM:

      From ourairports.com:
      Radio communication frequencies for Fort Wayne International Airport

      A/D: 127.2 MHz (APP/DEP)
      ATIS: 121.25 MHz
      CLD: 124.75 MHz (CLNC DEL)
      GND: 121.9 MHz
      OPS: 138.4 MHz (122FW COMD POST OPS)
      RDO: 122.2 MHz (TERRE HAUTE RDO)
      TWR: 119.1 MHz
      UNIC: 122.95 MHz (UNICOM)

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 23, 2013
        Don't know how far you are from the airport, but to hear most of what you
        have listed you'll need to be pretty close - 10 miles or so unless you have
        a tall tower for your antenna. I've got an antenna on a tower about 35 feet
        in the air and can hear tower frequencies for airports about 15 miles away
        but a few I can only hear with a pre-amp between the antenna and radio.
        Others closer to me (Manchester NH and Nashua NH) are about 15 and 5 miles
        away respectively and I can hear all the frequencies.

        Try these approach frequencies for your area.

        127.2 SW TO NW

        132.15 SE TO NE

        Same frequencies are used for departures.

        Indianapolis center Frequencies - aircraft will be at high altitudes -- to
        try:

        132.525, 128.3, 120.65, 134.175, 132.2 128.4 119.475 Some of
        these might work

        Good luck

        Mike Hopkins K1VLB

        Mhopkins735@...