Re: [BCD396XT] batteries question for UPMAN and the experts

    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2013
      The scanner should not attempt to charge the cells when the switch is in
      the Alkaline position. In fact, there may be circuitry to prevent
      charging alkaline cells (a little OT, but good to know). So, you should
      be good using your Eneloops with the switch in the ALK position. I'm not
      sure about the low battery alarm. I *think* the switch just opens the
      charging circuit, but it's possible it resets the low cell alert
      trigger. Try it and see. If it alerts too soon, let us know so it goes
      in the collective knowledge bank.

      Joe M.