Software has not detected your scanner

  • Michael Weidemeier
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2013
      Can anyone solve this problem?

      My  ARC-XT Pro software cannot detect my scanner. I purchased the USB cord from scanmaster. I thought I installed the driver to make it work. Then I plugged in my scanner and did the RS232 communication setup. All the comport settings are red which indicates not available.Is that normal? Then something poped up on my computer that said installation of  driver Pl2303was not completed. So I guess i plugged in the scanner before I installed the driver. What do I do to correct the problem? The "help" instructions say press MENU, select 'Xfer Information,''PCControl'. I pressed Menu and I can't find Xfer Information" or 'PC Control' on my scanner. The HELP on the software says to go to section 8.2 for troubleshooting. However my help software only goes to 6.2

      Terribly frustrated, any help would be appreciated,

      Mike

      Message 2 of 3 , May 27, 2013
        I would remove the device from the Device Manager and reinstall it. Make
        sure you don't plug in your scanner until you have the driver properly
        installed and it shows in the COM ports.

        Joe M.

        Michael Weidemeier wrote:
        > Can anyone solve this problem?
        >
        > My ARC-XT Pro software cannot detect my scanner. I purchased the USB cord from scanmaster. I thought I installed the driver to make it work. Then I plugged in my scanner and did the RS232 communication setup. All the comport settings are red which indicates not available.Is that normal? Then something poped up on my computer that said installation of driver Pl2303was not completed. So I guess i plugged in the scanner before I installed the driver. What do I do to correct the problem? The "help" instructions say press MENU, select 'Xfer Information,''PCControl'. I pressed Menu and I can't find Xfer Information" or 'PC Control' on my scanner. The HELP on the software says to go to section 8.2 for troubleshooting. However my help software only goes to 6.2
        >

        > Terribly frustrated, any help would be appreciated,
        >
        > Mike

      • Rich Carlson
        Message 3 of 3 , May 27, 2013
          If you are running 64 Bit Windows then be sure to install the 64-Bit
          version of the USB driver, you can download it from ScannerMaster.com.

          On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Michael Weidemeier <sailweid13@...>wrote:

          > Can anyone solve this problem?
          >
          > My ARC-XT Pro software cannot detect my scanner. I purchased the USB cord
          > from scanmaster. I thought I installed the driver to make it work. Then I
          > plugged in my scanner and did the RS232 communication setup. All the
          > comport settings are red which indicates not available.Is that normal? Then
          > something poped up on my computer that said installation of driver
          > Pl2303was not completed. So I guess i plugged in the scanner before I
          > installed the driver. What do I do to correct the problem? The "help"
          > instructions say press MENU, select 'Xfer Information,''PCControl'. I
          > pressed Menu and I can't find Xfer Information" or 'PC Control' on my
          > scanner. The HELP on the software says to go to section 8.2 for
          > troubleshooting. However my help software only goes to 6.2
          >

          > Terribly frustrated, any help would be appreciated,
          >
          > Mike

          Rich Carlson, N9JIG