RE: [BCD396XT] Trunk systems with multiple sites

  • NCC74656_USS_Voyager
    Message 1 of 9 , May 25, 2013
      You are correct. P25S is sometimes used to indicate P25 (Single-frequency). I guess it's not in FreeScan.

      Joe M.

      On Sat 25/05/13 4:06 PM , "Michael Hopkins" mhopkins735@... sent:

    • Michael Hopkins
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2013
        Problem resolved: I took someone's advice and programmed an single site
        know to have MA SP activity and a single group with the State Police TGID's
        entered - it worked fine. I then added sites, one at a time with no problem.
        Next I added re-banded sites, and again, no problem..

        Apparently the problem was the 396xt didn't like having so many multiple
        sites AND multiple TGID groups. Two identical systems, on with multiple
        groups doesn't work, one with a single group works fine..

        Hope this helps someone!

        Mike Hopkins K1VLB

        Mhopkins735@...

        Trying to re-program some changes to the Massachusetts state police trunking
        system:

        I have 2 systems: one is Mot Type II/P25 and the other is P25S.

        In the Mot Type II/P25 system, I have 19 sites each consisting of a number
        of frequencies per Radio Reference.

        3 of those sites are re-banded. Do I need to make a separate system for the
        re-banded sites? I also have 7 groups - Troop A, Troop B, etc. some of these
        will use the re-banded sites so do they need to be separated somehow?

        The rebanded sites each have two system ranges in the band plan, one with a
        440 offset and the other with a 0 offset - both are 25 kHz steps. I'm not
        100% sure this is right but it appears to be.

        I'm programming using FreeScan - the manual says you can only have one

        Mhopkins735@... <mailto:Mhopkins735%40charter.net>

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2, 2013
          That doesn't make sense. Are you sure they are identical?

          Are you sure the one with multiple groups does not have a disabled GQK,
          or locked out Groups?

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2013
            I agree it doesn't make sense and there may be more to the problem, but
            right now I've got two systems, each with the same sites (simply copied one
            to the other) but one has multiple groups of TGIDs (no signals from any site
            or any TGID) and the other has a single group (much activity on multiple
            sites).

            Next step is to try and split the groups in the working system and see what
            happens. If it works, then there is some other basic problem that I have yet
            to discover.

            Thanks for the comments.

            Mike Hopkins K1VLB

            Mhopkins735@...

            Michael Hopkins wrote:
            > Two identical systems, on with multiple
            > groups doesn't work, one with a single group works fine..
            >

            > Hope this helps someone!
            >

            > Mike Hopkins K1VLB
            >
            > Mhopkins735@... <mailto:Mhopkins735%40charter.net>
            >

            > From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>