Re: [BCD396XT] Latest Firmware for UBCD396XT

  • Brad
    Message 1 of 11 , May 21, 2013
      "their web site" Is there more than one Uniden Corporation?

      Message 2 of 11 , May 21, 2013
        No but there are different sales divisions and each division sells different things and has seperate websites.

        Brad <omlbed@...> wrote:

        >"their web site" Is there more than one Uniden Corporation?

      • David Johnson
        Message 3 of 11 , May 21, 2013
          Yes. Uniden Australia is completely different. Their radios have
          different firmware to the US versions.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On 22/05/2013, at 14:57, Brad <omlbed@...> wrote:

          > "their web site" Is there more than one Uniden Corporation?

        • Robert Klamp Jr.
          Message 4 of 11 , May 21, 2013
            Here is the website for Uniden Australia

            http://www.uniden.com.au/australia/index.asp

            I will keep looking for firmware upgrade but your best bet is contacting the
            people at the site listed above I would think they would be the ones who
            could direct you to the firmware upgrades if any where released,

            Hope this helps,

            Bob

            Brad <omlbed@... <mailto:omlbed%40aol.com> > wrote:

            >"their web site" Is there more than one Uniden Corporation?

          • Paul
            Message 5 of 11 , May 22, 2013
              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mikeausf@...> wrote:

              > I've just bought the Australian version and I'm wondering if the 1.02.03 firmware is the latest version.
              >
              > The Uniden website only has the Updater - UBC_VUP_v1_5_2_0 Firmware.zip
              >
              > It seems I wasted my time downloading and installing this, as when I ran the program, there was no Firmware file (.scn) to update !

              Your doing better than me if you have version 1.02.03

              I bought a 396XT a few days ago, new from a store in Melbourne and it's running 1.02.02

              Where can I get the 1.02.03 firmware version ?
            • David Johnson
              Message 6 of 11 , May 22, 2013
                The Uniden Australia web site is utterly useless. Their download page
                doesn't even mention the XT family. They wonder why people buy from
                overseas online. How about they support their products?

                Message 7 of 11 , May 22, 2013
                  http://www.uniden.com.au/AUSTRALIA/p_ubcd396xt_index.asp

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 22, 2013
                    Seems the U.S. and your version are the same?
                    Freq. coverage seems the same.
                    Try updating with the upgraded firmware updater app. from Uniden's USA site.

                    This might be a UPman inquiry up either here and or Radio Reference.

                    On May 22, 2013, at 3:25 AM, David Johnson wrote:

                    > The Uniden Australia web site is utterly useless. Their download page
                    > doesn't even mention the XT family. They wonder why people buy from
                    > overseas online. How about they support their products?

                  • Garry
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 22, 2013
                      Lance, The Australian and US versions are different