BCD396XT and Windows 7 64

  • Jacqueline Blanch
    Message 1 of 3 , May 21, 2013
      Hi,

      I just purchased my first scanner (BCD396XT).

      My problem is I am unable to get my Windows 7 64 computer to recognize the scanner. I have purchased 2 different cables and even though my device manager states that they are both working correctly; I'm still not having any luck.

      PL-2303 Driver installed on computer.

      FreeScan is also unable to find the scanner.

      Cable 1

      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JT346I/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

      Cable 2

      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007T27H8/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

      Not sure about all this "chip" talk yet.

      Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Jackie
    • Doug Augelli
      Message 2 of 3 , May 21, 2013
        Jackie..Go to Control Panel. then scroll down to Device Manager.
        click on ports..If the driver is installed corrrectly, You should see an assigned comm port listed..Make sure this port matches your settings in FreeScan..

        My Live Weather Page: http://www.wirebridgeweather.com

        Message 3 of 3 , May 21, 2013
          Confirm that scanner and FreeSCAN are set to the same baud (speed) rate.
          On scanner go to Menu/Settings/Set Serial Port/115200 bps.
          On FreeSCAN go to Scanner/Control Scanner/Com Port/Port 115200/and Com port
          as displayed in Device Manager
          When USB cable is connected to computer and also connected to the BCD396XT.

          I assume with cable 2, that you are also using the serial cable that came
          in the box with the scanner.

          I think most of talk about a certain chip concerns with Windows 8. Not sure
          also.

          Clark