Re: [BCD396XT] Latest Firmware for UBCD396XT

  • Uniden UPMan
    Message 1 of 11 , May 21, 2013
      I don't see any firmware updates available on their web site, so I would assume none have been issued.

      UpMan

      >________________________________

    • Brad
      Message 2 of 11 , May 21, 2013
        "their web site" Is there more than one Uniden Corporation?

        I don't see any firmware updates available on their web site, so I would assume none have been issued.

        UpMan

        >________________________________

      • John Stark
        Message 3 of 11 , May 21, 2013
          No but there are different sales divisions and each division sells different things and has seperate websites.

          Brad <omlbed@...> wrote:

          >"their web site" Is there more than one Uniden Corporation?

        • David Johnson
          Message 4 of 11 , May 21, 2013
            Yes. Uniden Australia is completely different. Their radios have
            different firmware to the US versions.

            Sent from my iPhone

            On 22/05/2013, at 14:57, Brad <omlbed@...> wrote:

            > "their web site" Is there more than one Uniden Corporation?

          • Robert Klamp Jr.
            Message 5 of 11 , May 21, 2013
              Here is the website for Uniden Australia

              http://www.uniden.com.au/australia/index.asp

              I will keep looking for firmware upgrade but your best bet is contacting the
              people at the site listed above I would think they would be the ones who
              could direct you to the firmware upgrades if any where released,

              Hope this helps,

              Bob

              Brad <omlbed@... <mailto:omlbed%40aol.com> > wrote:

              >"their web site" Is there more than one Uniden Corporation?

            • Paul
              Message 6 of 11 , May 22, 2013
                --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mikeausf@...> wrote:

                > I've just bought the Australian version and I'm wondering if the 1.02.03 firmware is the latest version.
                >
                > The Uniden website only has the Updater - UBC_VUP_v1_5_2_0 Firmware.zip
                >
                > It seems I wasted my time downloading and installing this, as when I ran the program, there was no Firmware file (.scn) to update !

                Your doing better than me if you have version 1.02.03

                I bought a 396XT a few days ago, new from a store in Melbourne and it's running 1.02.02

                Where can I get the 1.02.03 firmware version ?
              • David Johnson
                Message 7 of 11 , May 22, 2013
                  The Uniden Australia web site is utterly useless. Their download page
                  doesn't even mention the XT family. They wonder why people buy from
                  overseas online. How about they support their products?

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 22, 2013
                    http://www.uniden.com.au/AUSTRALIA/p_ubcd396xt_index.asp

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 22, 2013
                      Seems the U.S. and your version are the same?
                      Freq. coverage seems the same.
                      Try updating with the upgraded firmware updater app. from Uniden's USA site.

                      This might be a UPman inquiry up either here and or Radio Reference.

                      On May 22, 2013, at 3:25 AM, David Johnson wrote:

                      > The Uniden Australia web site is utterly useless. Their download page
                      > doesn't even mention the XT family. They wonder why people buy from
                      > overseas online. How about they support their products?

                    • Garry
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 22, 2013
                        Lance, The Australian and US versions are different