Re: [BCD396XT] Bought New BCD396XT And Am Trying To Determine Two Things

  • john szalay
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15 8:04 AM
      160.5600  Railroad Freq  Channel 30
      467.6875  Family Radio Service  Channel 13
      462.5875  Family Radio Service  Channel 2
      467.5625  Family Radio Service  Channel 8
      467.6625  Family Radio Service  Channel 12
      462.6000  GMRS  Channel 2B

       http://www.w4zt.com/freqs/frs.html
       http://www.angelfire.com/planet/roanokeshockwave/trainfreq.html

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , May 15 8:15 AM
        Which dealer?

        On May 15, 2013, at 8:36 AM, zoykz wrote:

        > I bought a new BCD396XT from a retailer notorious for refunding a customer's money and then reselling the item as new. I am trying to determine if indeed my scanner was purchased and then programmed by the owner who decided to return it without bothering to delete/erase what he programmed. And I am trying to determine where I can find the frequencies that are supposed to be stored when I use "Close Call Auto Store". I have enabled all bands. I have a couple of sets of "walkie-talkies" and used them to emit frequencies which the BCD396XT promptly detected. I navigated Menu/Program System/Close Call/Edit Group/Found Channels and could not locate where the frequencies are stored. I did find in "Edit Channel" a list of 6 frequencies: 467.6875, 462.5875, 160.5600, 467.5625, 467.6625 and 462.6000. Does anyone know what these frequencies are? Where they placed there by a previous owner? Thank you for any help that you may give. I'd call Uniden to ask them these two questions but I get the impression that they only want calls where one of their products suffers a major malfunction.

      • Clark Rennie
        Message 3 of 6 , May 15 11:04 AM
          Finding those frequencies after you scanned "Close Call" to determine if
          the scanner is new is not a true test of it being new or used.
          You probably entered those frequencies yourself when using your
          "walkie-talkies".

          Clark