Re: [BCD396XT] Bought New BCD396XT And Am Trying To Determine Two Things

  • Uniden UPMan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15 7:58 AM
      If those channels were listed when you selected "Edit Channel" after navigating Menu/Program System/Close Call/Edit Group/Found Channels, then those are the frequencies found by the Close Call autosave. "Edit Channels" would be where you would go to review/edit/add channels in a particular Channel Group.

      UpMan

      >________________________________

      these two questions but I get the impression that they only want calls where one of their products suffers a major malfunction.

    • john szalay
      Message 2 of 6 , May 15 8:04 AM
        160.5600  Railroad Freq  Channel 30
        467.6875  Family Radio Service  Channel 13
        462.5875  Family Radio Service  Channel 2
        467.5625  Family Radio Service  Channel 8
        467.6625  Family Radio Service  Channel 12
        462.6000  GMRS  Channel 2B

         http://www.w4zt.com/freqs/frs.html
         http://www.angelfire.com/planet/roanokeshockwave/trainfreq.html

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 6 , May 15 8:10 AM
          You mentioned you tested close call with a few handheld radios. Were they FRS/GMRS radios? Those frequencies sound like they are. At least the UHF ones.

          Look here: http://www.buytwowayradios.com/blog/2006/07/frs_and_gmrs_frequencies.aspx

          The way to tell if your radio is different from the factory setting is to look at the list of default counties/cities the radio is programmed to out of the factory:

          Look here and scroll down: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD396XT#Preloaded_Systems_and_their_System_Quick_Keys

          Message 4 of 6 , May 15 8:15 AM
            Which dealer?

            On May 15, 2013, at 8:36 AM, zoykz wrote:

            > I bought a new BCD396XT from a retailer notorious for refunding a customer's money and then reselling the item as new. I am trying to determine if indeed my scanner was purchased and then programmed by the owner who decided to return it without bothering to delete/erase what he programmed. And I am trying to determine where I can find the frequencies that are supposed to be stored when I use "Close Call Auto Store". I have enabled all bands. I have a couple of sets of "walkie-talkies" and used them to emit frequencies which the BCD396XT promptly detected. I navigated Menu/Program System/Close Call/Edit Group/Found Channels and could not locate where the frequencies are stored. I did find in "Edit Channel" a list of 6 frequencies: 467.6875, 462.5875, 160.5600, 467.5625, 467.6625 and 462.6000. Does anyone know what these frequencies are? Where they placed there by a previous owner? Thank you for any help that you may give. I'd call Uniden to ask them these two questions but I get the impression that they only want calls where one of their products suffers a major malfunction.

          • Clark Rennie
            Message 5 of 6 , May 15 11:04 AM
              Finding those frequencies after you scanned "Close Call" to determine if
              the scanner is new is not a true test of it being new or used.
              You probably entered those frequencies yourself when using your
              "walkie-talkies".

              Clark