Bought New BCD396XT And Am Trying To Determine Two Things

  • zoykz
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15, 2013
      I bought a new BCD396XT from a retailer notorious for refunding a customer's money and then reselling the item as new. I am trying to determine if indeed my scanner was purchased and then programmed by the owner who decided to return it without bothering to delete/erase what he programmed. And I am trying to determine where I can find the frequencies that are supposed to be stored when I use "Close Call Auto Store". I have enabled all bands. I have a couple of sets of "walkie-talkies" and used them to emit frequencies which the BCD396XT promptly detected. I navigated Menu/Program System/Close Call/Edit Group/Found Channels and could not locate where the frequencies are stored. I did find in "Edit Channel" a list of 6 frequencies: 467.6875, 462.5875, 160.5600, 467.5625, 467.6625 and 462.6000. Does anyone know what these frequencies are? Where they placed there by a previous owner? Thank you for any help that you may give. I'd call Uniden to ask them these two questions but I get the impression that they only want calls where one of their products suffers a major malfunction.
    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 6 , May 15, 2013
        If those channels were listed when you selected "Edit Channel" after navigating Menu/Program System/Close Call/Edit Group/Found Channels, then those are the frequencies found by the Close Call autosave. "Edit Channels" would be where you would go to review/edit/add channels in a particular Channel Group.

        UpMan

        >________________________________

      • john szalay
        Message 3 of 6 , May 15, 2013
          160.5600  Railroad Freq  Channel 30
          467.6875  Family Radio Service  Channel 13
          462.5875  Family Radio Service  Channel 2
          467.5625  Family Radio Service  Channel 8
          467.6625  Family Radio Service  Channel 12
          462.6000  GMRS  Channel 2B

           http://www.w4zt.com/freqs/frs.html
           http://www.angelfire.com/planet/roanokeshockwave/trainfreq.html

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 6 , May 15, 2013
            You mentioned you tested close call with a few handheld radios. Were they FRS/GMRS radios? Those frequencies sound like they are. At least the UHF ones.

            Look here: http://www.buytwowayradios.com/blog/2006/07/frs_and_gmrs_frequencies.aspx

            The way to tell if your radio is different from the factory setting is to look at the list of default counties/cities the radio is programmed to out of the factory:

            Look here and scroll down: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD396XT#Preloaded_Systems_and_their_System_Quick_Keys

            Message 5 of 6 , May 15, 2013
              Which dealer?

              On May 15, 2013, at 8:36 AM, zoykz wrote:

              > I bought a new BCD396XT from a retailer notorious for refunding a customer's money and then reselling the item as new. I am trying to determine if indeed my scanner was purchased and then programmed by the owner who decided to return it without bothering to delete/erase what he programmed. And I am trying to determine where I can find the frequencies that are supposed to be stored when I use "Close Call Auto Store". I have enabled all bands. I have a couple of sets of "walkie-talkies" and used them to emit frequencies which the BCD396XT promptly detected. I navigated Menu/Program System/Close Call/Edit Group/Found Channels and could not locate where the frequencies are stored. I did find in "Edit Channel" a list of 6 frequencies: 467.6875, 462.5875, 160.5600, 467.5625, 467.6625 and 462.6000. Does anyone know what these frequencies are? Where they placed there by a previous owner? Thank you for any help that you may give. I'd call Uniden to ask them these two questions but I get the impression that they only want calls where one of their products suffers a major malfunction.

            • Clark Rennie
              Message 6 of 6 , May 15, 2013
                Finding those frequencies after you scanned "Close Call" to determine if
                the scanner is new is not a true test of it being new or used.
                You probably entered those frequencies yourself when using your
                "walkie-talkies".

                Clark