Re: [BCD396XT] Beaten Subject to death

  • john szalay
    Message 1 of 18 , May 10, 2013
      While your at it,  make sure you set  the FREQ & SAME code  for your local NWS alerts
      for Joplin,  the Freq is 162.425 mhz and the SAME code is Jasper/Joplin is   029097

      In the event you want the surrounding counties  SAME codes
      http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/CntyCov/nwrMO.htm

       Unless you want to listen to ALL the weather alerts tones go off for everyone around you, that is.
      during storm season, our weather radio used to go on & on , I prefer to set only our county, some people like
      to get what they consider as extra time warning , by entering a county west as well. too much noise..

                      John in Ky
      As for the height of your antenna,  my mast & beams were up at 56ft for 30+ years and it took the winds from Hurricane Ike to bring it down.. (fold over mast, so go it got serviced on a resonable time basis)