Re: [BCD396XT] Beaten Subject to death

  • John Stark
    Message 1 of 18 , May 10, 2013
      Nope no issues from radios or the 5 computers that are either running Unitrunker or ICOM software for those six radios or programing software for the radios.
      I use the radios for media purposes. I can monitor more than local paper or the area TV stations. What's funny though is when I call stations way up north or way down south of me and tell them about something in their area and they didn't hear it on their scanners but I did 90 miles away. It happens all the time that way.one station used to ignore me, not anymore after three calls of mine got them awards.... and the checks aren't bad either.....

    • john szalay
      Message 2 of 18 , May 10, 2013
        While your at it,  make sure you set  the FREQ & SAME code  for your local NWS alerts
        for Joplin,  the Freq is 162.425 mhz and the SAME code is Jasper/Joplin is   029097

        In the event you want the surrounding counties  SAME codes
        http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/CntyCov/nwrMO.htm

         Unless you want to listen to ALL the weather alerts tones go off for everyone around you, that is.
        during storm season, our weather radio used to go on & on , I prefer to set only our county, some people like
        to get what they consider as extra time warning , by entering a county west as well. too much noise..

                        John in Ky
        As for the height of your antenna,  my mast & beams were up at 56ft for 30+ years and it took the winds from Hurricane Ike to bring it down.. (fold over mast, so go it got serviced on a resonable time basis)