RE: [BCD396XT] P-25 failure to decode?

  • Michael Hopkins
    Message 1 of 6 , May 9 11:56 AM
      It's possible the signal isn't P25. There is a digital voice system called
      D-Star that is common on amateur repeaters and you cannot decode it with a
      P25 scanner. I believe there is also another digital system being used on
      some repeaters, but I'm not sure what that is called.

      Mike Hopkins K1VLB

      Mhopkins735@...

      Message 2 of 6 , May 9 1:25 PM
        there is also the NXDN Digital  from Kenwood          (NEXEDGE)
        which some systems are using ,

         IIRC;
         the 396 will not decode that either..

        Message 3 of 6 , May 10 2:41 PM
          Yes, after checking I DID have the CTCSS search enabled. I turned that off and switched it to NAC decode. I will see if that works.
          Thanks for the suggestion.
          Shane

          Message 4 of 6 , May 10 10:13 PM
            You can also just turn it to off meaning no tone or NAC detect, and the radio will play P-25 anyway.