Problem BC396XT and Freescan Virtual Control Not Working?

  • kenstark@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 40 , Apr 2, 2009
      Can not get FreeSCAN Virtual Control and BC396XT to work together
      But FreeSCAN Can and Does upload data from the same BC396XT and download new data to the BCD396XT indicating to me all communications settings are correct
      BCD396XT will then ID Search or ID Scan on the new downloaded trunking data.

      Setup is below

      396XT
      Connected to Com 1
      - Bps 115200
      - Data bits 8
      - Parity None
      - Stop bits 1
      - Flow control: None
      396 Powered On
      SET to 115200
      FressScann .8C
      Select Control The Scanner
      Virtual Control COM Port Sttings
      COM Port Setup
      COM PORT Settings
      Start Auto
      FreeSCAN has detected the scanner and is ready to operate with it
      OK
      Virtual Control Com Port Settings
      COM: 1 SPEED 115200
      Select: Windows-based
      Start Virtual Control
      Establishing
      Can not establish

      Am I doing something wrong?

      --
      Thanks.......and Keep Safe!
      Ken Stark W4KJS / WQCB806

      -------------- Original message from "crowemag55" <crowemag55@...>: --------------

      Message 40 of 40 , Apr 5, 2009
        On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 12:25, nocreativety <ASSAF_X@...> wrote:
        > After looking over this thread I found 2 bugs.
        >
        > 1. Turning on and off the virtual control several times can sometimes lead to it not being able to connect. (an internal counter doesn't get reset)
        > 2. Com Ports higher then 9 with certain system configurations leave FreeSCAN unable to connect.
        >
        > Both of these will be fixed in the next version. (0.8E)

        An here I thought it was enabling the Canadian Bias option ...