Re: [BCD396XT] P25 Low Pass Filter

    Message 1 of 55 , Apr 2, 2009
      That could be encrypted TGs that the GRE scanners try to decode. This is
      something completely different. I've never heard of a high pitched noise
      problem on the GREs.

      This would only affect 'ringing' when you're actually hearing audio.

      Regardless, it's probably something that wouldn't hurt having enabled.

      Joe M.

      Larry Koch wrote:
      > Thanks Joe. Sounds like something I want active.
      >
      > I notice that sometimes on my PSR500 and PRO-96 I get a high pitched noise that knocks my socks off.
      >
      >> To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      >> From: mch@...
      >> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 00:25:43 -0400
      >> Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] P25 Low Pass Filter
      >>
      >> Filters out high pitched data noise sometimes found on P25 systems.
      >>
      >> Joe M.
      >>
      >> Larry Koch wrote:
      >>> Received my xt today.
      >>>

      >>> Can anyone tell me what the P25 low pass filter does?
      >>>

      >>> Thanks
      >>>

      >>> Larry

    • J. Newell
      Message 55 of 55 , Apr 2, 2009