Re: [BCD396XT] BCD396XT

    Message 1 of 49 , May 5, 2013
      Drill down the menu choosing the last item in each list and it will show
      the firmware version in the scanner. I would update it unless you have
      the latest.

      Joe M.

      Preston Ward wrote:
      > I don't know if I should update the firmware in mine before I start trying to program it or just leave it alone. How can one tell what the current version is and what the current version is in one's scanner?
      >
      > Funny a question about firmware would be posted right now. It's exactly what I was thinking about when this appeared in my Inbox. I'm sure glad I found this list :)

    • Don Curtis
      Message 49 of 49 , Dec 2, 2014
        You need a program like ARC or Freescan that know the proper commands to
        read the radio's programming and convert that into a file (s) that ARC or
        Freescan can use to let you change or update the programmed frequencies,
        systems and groups.

        There are no "files" on the radio.

        Don