Re: [BCD396XT] Antenna Options for my BCD396XT

  • Preston Ward
    Message 1 of 39 , May 4, 2013
      I guess I probably should have said I'm in a "half bowl".  Sorry about that.  I have about a 30 ft hill to my North and about a 15 ft hill to my West (both about 100 yards away), but a clear shot to the East which is where I was wanting to point it.
      Sounds like this will be "iffy" in picking up the 400mhz signals from the East though....  which is why I didn't want to invest a lot of money in a second & directional antenna that only *might* work.  But since I was going to be putting the mast up now, figured this was the best time to try putting something directional up (in addition to an omnidirectional for local) so I wouldn't need to try putting it up later.

      Where on the antenna would I want to attach the solid lightning wire?  And if I did put up two antennas, I assume each would need to have their own independent lightning wire(?)

      Message 39 of 39 , May 7, 2013
        No, the antenna does not take a separate ground. The mast mounting clamp grounds the portion of the antenna that needs to be grounded. So the mast ground acts as the antenna ground also.