Re: [BCD396XT] Antenna Options for my BCD396XT

  • Don.Curtis@att.net
    Message 1 of 39 , May 3, 2013
      If Chicago PD antennas are on top of the Sears tower, that'd make sense. Indiana is pretty flat and the air distance is perhaps 170 miles. And yes, the type of coax used is very important.

      I am 60 miles north of denver, but can't receive any signals from Denver but we have a 300' ridge between them & me, but I can receive signals from antennas in the foothills west of Denver because those foothills are about 1800' higher than the city.

    • Don.Curtis@att.net
      Message 39 of 39 , May 7, 2013
        No, the antenna does not take a separate ground. The mast mounting clamp grounds the portion of the antenna that needs to be grounded. So the mast ground acts as the antenna ground also.