Re: [BCD396XT] Antenna Options for my BCD396XT

    Message 1 of 39 , May 3, 2013
      It would have to be mounted so the smaller elements are closest to the
      direction you want to receive. You would also mount it so the elements
      are vertical (up and down) and not horizonal.

      Or, like this looking at it from the side:

      | |
      | | | |
      | | | | | | | |
      --------------- --> direction you want to receive.
      | | | |
      | |

      And lightning rods are usually only 8 feet long, but they should be
      completely in the ground save for a couple inches.

      Joe M.

    • Don.Curtis@att.net
      Message 39 of 39 , May 7, 2013
        No, the antenna does not take a separate ground. The mast mounting clamp grounds the portion of the antenna that needs to be grounded. So the mast ground acts as the antenna ground also.