Re: [BCD396XT] Linking GPS to Android?

  • John Stark
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2013
      A better way.....buy and use the Uniden GPS Puck.
      Why anyone would use a cell phone for this is beyond me....waste of a phone. And when actually using it as a phone you couldn't use it for a GPS for the scanner...
      A dedicated GPS such as the one I mention is the only way to go. .I use two of them when traveling....and use the phone for a phone...

      vbwyrde <vbwyrde@...> wrote:

      >Hi,
      >
      >I found this information:
      >
      >Connecting Your Scanner
      >
      >The GPS device must have a serial (RS-232) output, and be capable of outputting standard NMEA-0183 v3.01 compliant location data, and GGA/RMC data sentences at 4800 bps. Make sure that the cable terminates in a female, 9-pin serial connector and you select the correct baud rate (4800 bps) for the serial port.
      >
      >Could Android razrm could be used to connect to the BCD396XT using:
      >
      >http://www.brodit.com/product.html?locale=en&id=945021
      >
      >And this:
      >
      >https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.agbooth.usbgps&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5hZ2Jvb3RoLnVzYmdwcyJd
      >
      >Would that work? Has anyone tried it? Or is there a better way to do that?
      >
      >Thanks!

    • vbwyrde
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2013
        Ok. Thank you for the advice.