Re: [BCD396XT] Butel software

  • Rich Carlson
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 28, 2013
      I would check that the drivers for your serial device are up to date.
      ARC-XT runs just fine on 64-bit Windows 7, but serial devices need specific
      drivers to work properly in many cases.

      If you are using the USB-1 cable then make sure you download the 64-bit
      drivers available from ScannerMaster and other sites.

      If you are using a third party USB-Serial converter make sure that it has
      64-bit drivers. Some do not, and you might need to invest in a USB-1 or a
      newer converter. I found a IOGear converter that works great in Win7-64 at
      Best Buy for $9.95.

      On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Sean Fitzgerald <seanwfitz@...>wrote:

      > Hello to the group,
      >
      > I have been using Butel's 396XT pro software for a long time. However, now
      > just reinstalled the newest version and every time I try and download the
      > freq. from my scanner to the program it locks up very quickly. This has
      > also
      > happened in the past but now it won't stop. Does anyone have any comment /
      > experience with this problem? If so, please share the fix with me.
      >

      > Thanks,
      >

      > Sean Fitz

      Rich Carlson, N9JIG

    • Sean Fitzgerald
      Message 2 of 14 , May 6, 2013
        Thank you to the group for your feedback regarding the Butel 396XT software.
        As I said it locks up when I try to download from the scanner to the
        program. However, the serial adapter will not work for me as I have the USB
        cable. I don't know what other driver I can use but I guess I'll have to
        keep looking. I own a computer repair shop and I just reinstalled Win7 so
        it's not that.

        Thanks again,

        Sean Fitz