Re: [BCD396XT] Butel software

  • Boykin Roseborough
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 28 5:01 AM
      The computer that I am having trouble with is Windows 7 x64. When I try downloading to the XT scanner it will run OK for around 50 seconds and then get very, very slow.

      Boykin

      Boykin Roseborough, N2CP
      boykin@...
      803-960-9766

      Share your knowledge.
      It is a way to achieve immortality.

      On Apr 27, 2013, at 11:15 PM, Doug Augelli <lost_in_maine2003@...> wrote:

      > Is your Windows 7 machine x64?
      > I've had some problems with some of the 4.0 .NET updates from MS, and software issues after the update..pretty much my fix was to reinstall the operating system...
      >
      > It totally screwed up Sentinel for the HP-1 that never got beyond the splash screen
      >
      > My Live Weather Page: http://www.wirebridgeweather.com

    • Rich Carlson
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 28 7:37 AM
        I would check that the drivers for your serial device are up to date.
        ARC-XT runs just fine on 64-bit Windows 7, but serial devices need specific
        drivers to work properly in many cases.

        If you are using the USB-1 cable then make sure you download the 64-bit
        drivers available from ScannerMaster and other sites.

        If you are using a third party USB-Serial converter make sure that it has
        64-bit drivers. Some do not, and you might need to invest in a USB-1 or a
        newer converter. I found a IOGear converter that works great in Win7-64 at
        Best Buy for $9.95.

        On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Sean Fitzgerald <seanwfitz@...>wrote:

        > Hello to the group,
        >
        > I have been using Butel's 396XT pro software for a long time. However, now
        > just reinstalled the newest version and every time I try and download the
        > freq. from my scanner to the program it locks up very quickly. This has
        > also
        > happened in the past but now it won't stop. Does anyone have any comment /
        > experience with this problem? If so, please share the fix with me.
        >

        > Thanks,
        >

        > Sean Fitz

        Rich Carlson, N9JIG

      • Sean Fitzgerald
        Message 3 of 14 , May 6, 2013
          Thank you to the group for your feedback regarding the Butel 396XT software.
          As I said it locks up when I try to download from the scanner to the
          program. However, the serial adapter will not work for me as I have the USB
          cable. I don't know what other driver I can use but I guess I'll have to
          keep looking. I own a computer repair shop and I just reinstalled Win7 so
          it's not that.

          Thanks again,

          Sean Fitz