Re: [BCD396XT] Butel software

  • David Johnson
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 27 2:49 PM
      You could try using the WinXP virtual machine if you have Win7 professional.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 28/04/2013, at 7:40, Boykin Roseborough <boykin@...> wrote:

      > I have the same problem with my PC running Windows 7. Works OK on another PC running XP.
      >
      > Boykin
      >
      > Boykin Roseborough, N2CP
      > boykin@...
      > 803-960-9766
      >
      > Share your knowledge.
      > It is a way to achieve immortality.
      >
      > On Apr 27, 2013, at 3:47 PM, "Sean Fitzgerald" <seanwfitz@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Hello to the group,
      >>
      >> I have been using Butel's 396XT pro software for a long time. However, now I
      >> just reinstalled the newest version and every time I try and download the
      >> freq. from my scanner to the program it locks up very quickly. This has also
      >> happened in the past but now it won't stop. Does anyone have any comment /
      >> experience with this problem? If so, please share the fix with me.
      >>
      >> Thanks,
      >>
      >> Sean Fitz

    • Boykin Roseborough
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 28 5:01 AM
        The computer that I am having trouble with is Windows 7 x64. When I try downloading to the XT scanner it will run OK for around 50 seconds and then get very, very slow.

        On Apr 27, 2013, at 11:15 PM, Doug Augelli <lost_in_maine2003@...> wrote:

        > Is your Windows 7 machine x64?
        > I've had some problems with some of the 4.0 .NET updates from MS, and software issues after the update..pretty much my fix was to reinstall the operating system...
        >
        > It totally screwed up Sentinel for the HP-1 that never got beyond the splash screen
        >
        > My Live Weather Page: http://www.wirebridgeweather.com

      • Rich Carlson
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 28 7:37 AM
          I would check that the drivers for your serial device are up to date.
          ARC-XT runs just fine on 64-bit Windows 7, but serial devices need specific
          drivers to work properly in many cases.

          If you are using the USB-1 cable then make sure you download the 64-bit
          drivers available from ScannerMaster and other sites.

          If you are using a third party USB-Serial converter make sure that it has
          64-bit drivers. Some do not, and you might need to invest in a USB-1 or a
          newer converter. I found a IOGear converter that works great in Win7-64 at
          Best Buy for $9.95.

          On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Sean Fitzgerald <seanwfitz@...>wrote:

          > Hello to the group,
          >
          > I have been using Butel's 396XT pro software for a long time. However, now
          > just reinstalled the newest version and every time I try and download the
          > freq. from my scanner to the program it locks up very quickly. This has
          > also
          > happened in the past but now it won't stop. Does anyone have any comment /
          > experience with this problem? If so, please share the fix with me.
          >

          > Thanks,
          >

          > Sean Fitz

          Rich Carlson, N9JIG

        • Sean Fitzgerald
          Message 4 of 14 , May 6, 2013
            Thank you to the group for your feedback regarding the Butel 396XT software.
            As I said it locks up when I try to download from the scanner to the
            program. However, the serial adapter will not work for me as I have the USB
            cable. I don't know what other driver I can use but I guess I'll have to
            keep looking. I own a computer repair shop and I just reinstalled Win7 so
            it's not that.

            Thanks again,

            Sean Fitz