Re: [BCD396XT] Butel software

  • David Johnson
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 27, 2013
      You could try using the WinXP virtual machine if you have Win7 professional.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 28/04/2013, at 7:40, Boykin Roseborough <boykin@...> wrote:

      > I have the same problem with my PC running Windows 7. Works OK on another PC running XP.
      >
      > Boykin
      >
      > Boykin Roseborough, N2CP
      > boykin@...
      > 803-960-9766
      >
      > Share your knowledge.
      > It is a way to achieve immortality.
      >
      > On Apr 27, 2013, at 3:47 PM, "Sean Fitzgerald" <seanwfitz@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Hello to the group,
      >>
      >> I have been using Butel's 396XT pro software for a long time. However, now I
      >> just reinstalled the newest version and every time I try and download the
      >> freq. from my scanner to the program it locks up very quickly. This has also
      >> happened in the past but now it won't stop. Does anyone have any comment /
      >> experience with this problem? If so, please share the fix with me.
      >>
      >> Thanks,
      >>
      >> Sean Fitz

    • Doug Augelli
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 27, 2013
        Is your Windows 7 machine x64?
        I've had some problems with some of the 4.0 .NET updates from MS, and software issues after the update..pretty much my fix was to reinstall the operating system...

        It totally screwed up Sentinel for the HP-1 that never got beyond the splash screen

        My Live Weather Page: http://www.wirebridgeweather.com

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 28, 2013
          The computer that I am having trouble with is Windows 7 x64. When I try downloading to the XT scanner it will run OK for around 50 seconds and then get very, very slow.

          On Apr 27, 2013, at 11:15 PM, Doug Augelli <lost_in_maine2003@...> wrote:

          > Is your Windows 7 machine x64?
          > I've had some problems with some of the 4.0 .NET updates from MS, and software issues after the update..pretty much my fix was to reinstall the operating system...
          >
          > It totally screwed up Sentinel for the HP-1 that never got beyond the splash screen
          >
          > My Live Weather Page: http://www.wirebridgeweather.com

        • Rich Carlson
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 28, 2013
            I would check that the drivers for your serial device are up to date.
            ARC-XT runs just fine on 64-bit Windows 7, but serial devices need specific
            drivers to work properly in many cases.

            If you are using the USB-1 cable then make sure you download the 64-bit
            drivers available from ScannerMaster and other sites.

            If you are using a third party USB-Serial converter make sure that it has
            64-bit drivers. Some do not, and you might need to invest in a USB-1 or a
            newer converter. I found a IOGear converter that works great in Win7-64 at
            Best Buy for $9.95.

            On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Sean Fitzgerald <seanwfitz@...>wrote:

            > Hello to the group,
            >
            > I have been using Butel's 396XT pro software for a long time. However, now
            > just reinstalled the newest version and every time I try and download the
            > freq. from my scanner to the program it locks up very quickly. This has
            > also
            > happened in the past but now it won't stop. Does anyone have any comment /
            > experience with this problem? If so, please share the fix with me.
            >

            > Thanks,
            >

            > Sean Fitz

            Rich Carlson, N9JIG

          • Sean Fitzgerald
            Message 5 of 14 , May 6, 2013
              Thank you to the group for your feedback regarding the Butel 396XT software.
              As I said it locks up when I try to download from the scanner to the
              program. However, the serial adapter will not work for me as I have the USB
              cable. I don't know what other driver I can use but I guess I'll have to
              keep looking. I own a computer repair shop and I just reinstalled Win7 so
              it's not that.

              Thanks again,

              Sean Fitz