Re: [BCD396XT] Scanner stand / Serial to USB cable

  • Mark Mitchell
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 26, 2013
      Preston,
      If the one you have is different could you send a picture of it? I hadn't
      really give it any thought about getting or making a stand for my
      HT/Scanner until you brought it up now I seem to really be interested.

      Thanks,
      Mark ~ Missouri

      Mark ~

    • Scott West
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 26, 2013
        Probably made by the Scanner Stand Man (tonsoffun on RadioReference). I
        can't find his webpage anymore. Had him build several stands for mobile and
        handheld scanners years ago. One of the best things I did to keep from
        stacking scanners.

        1031104&p_id=3726&seq=1&format=2>http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.a
        sp?c_id=103&cp_id=10311&cs_id=1031104&p_id=3726&seq=1&format=2)
        >they've got what I believe is the same thing for
        >$5.54, or $7.81 shipped.  Both have the Prolific
        >PL-2303 chipset.  Has anyone here bought a
        >"generic" serial to USB cable for their
        >BCD396XT, or see any reason why the one from
        >Monoprice wouldn't work just the same?
        >
        >Thanks!
      • Preston Ward
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 27, 2013
          Attached are four pics of my scanner stand. This is the one I'd like to replace but couldn't find one that lets me adjust the angle of it as mine does. So I just got one of these: http://www.niftyaccessories.com/HT%20Stand.htm

          I went with the genuine USB cable too. I didn't want the potential headaches of getting one that didn't work. I asked for a price match for what Amazon sells them for so the price difference wasn't so bad.  Ordered it all yesterday, should be here at the end of next week.

          Preston

          P.S. I don't know why it looks so dusty in the pics... I wiped it off before I took the pics of it.

          If the one you have is different could you send a picture of it? I hadn't
          really give it any thought about getting or making a stand for my
          HT/Scanner until you brought it up now I seem to really be interested.

          Thanks,
          Mark ~ Missouri

          On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Preston Ward <ppreston69@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > No mine looks more heavy duty than that one.  It looks professionally
          > made, but I'm suspecting now it may have been made by someone who made them
          > as a hobby and just doesn't sell them anymore.

          Mark ~

        • Preston Ward
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 27, 2013
            Apoparently I can only send one pic at a time...

            If the one you have is different could you send a picture of it? I hadn't
            really give it any thought about getting or making a stand for my
            HT/Scanner until you brought it up now I seem to really be interested.

            Thanks,
            Mark ~ Missouri

            On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Preston Ward <ppreston69@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > No mine looks more heavy duty than that one. It looks professionally
            > made, but I'm suspecting now it may have been made by someone who made them
            > as a hobby and just doesn't sell them anymore.

            Mark ~

          • Preston Ward
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 27, 2013
              Apparently I can only send one pic at a time...

              If the one you have is different could you send a picture of it? I hadn't
              really give it any thought about getting or making a stand for my
              HT/Scanner until you brought it up now I seem to really be interested.

              Thanks,
              Mark ~ Missouri

              On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Preston Ward <ppreston69@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > No mine looks more heavy duty than that one. It looks professionally
              > made, but I'm suspecting now it may have been made by someone who made them
              > as a hobby and just doesn't sell them anymore.

              Mark ~

            • Preston Ward
              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 27, 2013
                Last one...
                (and it only took me 3 1/2 hours to get them sent, thanks to the stubborness of Yahoo mail)

                If the one you have is different could you send a picture of it? I hadn't
                really give it any thought about getting or making a stand for my
                HT/Scanner until you brought it up now I seem to really be interested.

                Thanks,
                Mark ~ Missouri

                On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Preston Ward <ppreston69@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > No mine looks more heavy duty than that one. It looks professionally
                > made, but I'm suspecting now it may have been made by someone who made them
                > as a hobby and just doesn't sell them anymore.

                Mark ~

                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 27, 2013
                  is it because of the picture size?

                  On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 7:30 AM, Preston Ward <ppreston69@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Last one...
                  > (and it only took me 3 1/2 hours to get them sent, thanks to the
                  > stubborness of Yahoo mail)

                  Mark ~

                • Preston Ward
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 27, 2013
                    I have no idea... Yahoo just wouldn't send them out and I kept getting error messages that it was a problem on their end. Finally I just sent them one by one and it finally worked.

                    > (and it only took me 3 1/2 hours to get them sent, thanks to the
                    > stubborness of Yahoo mail)

                    Mark ~

                  • john szalay
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 27, 2013
                      you'll have to send the photos direct to him by email at his address ,  the list removes the photos from the message

                                                                                      John in Ky

                      ________________________________

                      If the one you have is different could you send a picture of it? I hadn't
                      really give it any thought about getting or making a stand for my
                      HT/Scanner until you brought it up now I seem to really be interested.

                      Thanks,
                      Mark ~ Missouri

                      On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Preston Ward <ppreston69@...> wrote:

                      > **
                      >

                      > No mine looks more heavy duty than that one.  It looks professionally
                      > made, but I'm suspecting now it may have been made by someone who made them
                      > as a hobby and just doesn't sell them anymore.

                      Mark ~

                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 27, 2013
                        Or better yet upload them to the PHOTOS section of the list.

                        Joe M.

                      • Dean B. Dalrymple
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 27, 2013
                          You need to go to the group's page at Yahoo and
                          upload them to the file area. Attachments are
                          stripped from the messages when they are sent back out.

                        • Preston Ward
                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 27, 2013
                            Don't know why I didn't think of that originally before going through all that...
                            Anyway, they're in the Photos section now.

                            john szalay wrote:
                            > you'll have to send the photos direct to him by email at his address ,  the list removes the photos from the message
                            >
                            >                                                                 John in Ky

                          • piercescanning
                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 27, 2013
                              The Scanner Stands were last made about 4 years ago by Scannerstandman.com He quit making them when he became a Moderator on Radioreference.com Search on RR for more details.

                              I have two of these excellent stands and they have a slot in the center top so you can slide the Scanner on and it won't slip off.

                              You have to search Ebay for any chance of getting a Scanner Stand, That's how I got mine.