BC396XT and Freescan

  • crowemag55
    Message 1 of 40 , Apr 1, 2009
      So I'm not ususally a Freescan user.. Not prejeduced against it, just glommed onto Butel's stuff a long time ago.

      Got the XT yesterday, put a good charge on it, poked around and about 11pm decided what the heck, TV nights over, see if Freescan really can handle this new bugger.. Gotta say it worked like a champ! Went right to the Import feature and uploaded Plano, Allen and Collin County, TX, ran a quick test and started getting comms from each system.

      Added a bunch more and all appear to be doing the right thing.

      When I get home, I'll see if Freescan can handle the data from my ARC files so that I can match up my current BCD996T "plan"... Now THAT would be nice!

      I'll let ya know.. Kudo's to the guy(s) at Freescan!!

      John
    • Peter Laws
      Message 40 of 40 , Apr 5, 2009
        On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 12:25, nocreativety <ASSAF_X@...> wrote:
        > After looking over this thread I found 2 bugs.
        >
        > 1. Turning on and off the virtual control several times can sometimes lead to it not being able to connect. (an internal counter doesn't get reset)
        > 2. Com Ports higher then 9 with certain system configurations leave FreeSCAN unable to connect.
        >
        > Both of these will be fixed in the next version. (0.8E)

        An here I thought it was enabling the Canadian Bias option ...