Re: Please help?

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 17 7:39 AM
      The Digi-key part number is for a connector only, not a power supply. That was in reply to Lance's question about a properly fitting connector. You would need either Uniden's adapter or the Radio Shack adapter that I mentioned earlier.

      800mA is only a current rating not a voltage rating. You would need at least 5.5 volts on the output of your regulator to avoid the Illegal Voltage error. The only place this comes into play is if the adapter you use is rated so low (like 6 V at 100 mA) that the current draw causes the output voltage to sag. The Radio Shack unit won't have that problem since it's rated for over two amps. Uniden's unit is obviously matched to the radio so it won't have a problem either. But anything else you find has to provide enough or it will sag.