Re: [BCD396XT] ID Search Question

  • Mark Levine, D.C.
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 15 7:29 PM
      I haven't noticed but has anyone mentioned that in a multi-site system(If
      this involves a multi site system) , a specific TG may not be active on that
      particular site/tower if a local authorized user is not affiliated. IOW at
      times one of my local troopers leaves his car radio on a TG on the other
      side of the state. When he's in this area, I can hear the other side of the
      state, when he's at work, nada.

      ML
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 15 8:49 PM
        Actually, they are "disabled" if you simply disabled the Group Quick
        Key, not locked out, but if they are in a Group that is actually Locked
        Out, then they would be locked out, too. TGs can also be individually
        locked out if you hit the L/O button when they come up (once for
        temporary lockout - twice for permanent lockout).

        The theory is that if you know a TG enough to program it,
        then it is not something you would need to search for.

        Maybe think of ID SEARCH as something to look for new
        TGIDs; and if you have it programmed, it's not new.

        Joe M.

      • David Johnson
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 15 10:41 PM
          It is working normally. Just say you want to look for some new Talk
          Groups on a system, but one very active talk group keeps coming up
          (say fire brigade). By locking out the active talk groups, it will
          only give you new talk groups that aren't programmed, or talk groups
          that aren't locked out. Basically, it is the same as ID SCAN, except
          it will also give you unprogrammed talk groups.

          Sent from my iPhone