Re: [BCD396XT] ID Search Question

  • John Stark
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 15 4:39 PM
      You will figure it out Joe...lol

      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 15 4:44 PM
        The only thing I can make of it is that you are talking about
        UID display. ID Search does in fact search TGs on a TRS.

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 15 4:45 PM
          Joe,

          I think he's making a distinction between a group or collection of ID's vs a single ID.
          Seems a matter of language. Whatever.

          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 15 5:03 PM
            I believe the radio will only find new ID's that have not been subsequently programmed into the radio.

            On Apr 15, 2013, at 5:10 PM, K3RWN wrote:

            > I was monitoring the local p25 trunked system and came across something I am
            > not sure about. The system has ten groups. I had all the groups turned off
            > except one of them. When the 396XT was in ID Scan I was only hearing the
            > TGs from the group which was turned on which is what I would expect.
            > However when I did an ID Search I would expect that I would be hearing all
            > TGs on the system, but I am not.
            >
            > Any ideas?

          • Paul Judd
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 15 5:50 PM
              Hi Joe and the group,

              I am also a new user and am just get up and going with my new BCD396XT. I've been a long time user of the PRO-106, so I'm having to switch gears a bit.

              Sorry to (kinda) jack the topic, but since it has just come up...

              Is encrypted audio always muted on the BCD396XT? I'm use to hearing the encrypted audio come thru on the PRO-106 as a garbled transmission. Is the muting user selectable on the 396? (Not that I like listening to the garbled audio, but I'm trying to determine if I'm missing some clear comms and it would be helpful to know the audio is unmuted and all transmissions, secure and clear, are coming thru).

              Thanks,

              Paul

              Sent from my iPad

              On 2013-04-15, at 4:21 PM, MCH <mch@...> wrote:

              > Encrypted TGs (that are not locked out or disabled) will still
              > show on the display (be received) - only the audio will be muted.

              > RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 19
              > Visit Your Group
              > Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use • Send us Feedback
              > .

            • K3RWN
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 15 6:29 PM
                I am not talking about Radio IDs but TGs ID. In ID SEARCH the radio should
                receive any and all TGs that are not locked out, but that is not happening.

                Rich

                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 15 7:07 PM
                  Rich,

                  See my original reply:

                  ID SEARCH will let you hear any TGs that are not locked out or disabled.

                  What you are seeing is normal, as you aren't receiving those TGs that
                  are in disabled groups.

                  Joe M.

                  K3RWN wrote:
                  > I am not talking about Radio IDs but TGs ID. In ID SEARCH the radio should
                  > receive any and all TGs that are not locked out, but that is not happening.
                  >
                  > Rich

                • K3RWN
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 15 7:22 PM
                    The light has just gone on! So you are saying that if a group is turned off
                    all the TGs in that group are considered locked out. That makes sense, but
                    I have to admit I never thought of them as being locked out.

                    So ID Search of a system must have all of the groups turned on to actually
                    function properly.

                    That makes sense.

                    Rich

                    K3RWN wrote:
                    > I am not talking about Radio IDs but TGs ID. In ID SEARCH the radio
                    should
                    > receive any and all TGs that are not locked out, but that is not
                    happening.

                    > Rich

                  • Mark Levine, D.C.
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 15 7:29 PM
                      I haven't noticed but has anyone mentioned that in a multi-site system(If
                      this involves a multi site system) , a specific TG may not be active on that
                      particular site/tower if a local authorized user is not affiliated. IOW at
                      times one of my local troopers leaves his car radio on a TG on the other
                      side of the state. When he's in this area, I can hear the other side of the
                      state, when he's at work, nada.

                      ML

                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 15 8:49 PM
                        Actually, they are "disabled" if you simply disabled the Group Quick
                        Key, not locked out, but if they are in a Group that is actually Locked
                        Out, then they would be locked out, too. TGs can also be individually
                        locked out if you hit the L/O button when they come up (once for
                        temporary lockout - twice for permanent lockout).

                        The theory is that if you know a TG enough to program it,
                        then it is not something you would need to search for.

                        Maybe think of ID SEARCH as something to look for new
                        TGIDs; and if you have it programmed, it's not new.

                        Joe M.

                      • David Johnson
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 15 10:41 PM
                          It is working normally. Just say you want to look for some new Talk
                          Groups on a system, but one very active talk group keeps coming up
                          (say fire brigade). By locking out the active talk groups, it will
                          only give you new talk groups that aren't programmed, or talk groups
                          that aren't locked out. Basically, it is the same as ID SCAN, except
                          it will also give you unprogrammed talk groups.

                          Sent from my iPhone