Re: [BCD396XT] ID Search Question

  • William Kobylarz
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 15, 2013
      Or if the TG could be encrypted

      Bill

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 15, 2013, at 5:14 PM, "MCH" <mch@...> wrote:

      > ID SEARCH will let you hear any TGs that are not locked out or disabled.
      >
      > Joe M.
      >
      > K3RWN wrote:
      > > I was monitoring the local p25 trunked system and came across something I am
      > > not sure about. The system has ten groups. I had all the groups turned off
      > > except one of them. When the 396XT was in ID Scan I was only hearing the
      > > TGs from the group which was turned on which is what I would expect.
      > > However when I did an ID Search I would expect that I would be hearing all
      > > TGs on the system, but I am not.
      > >

      > > Any ideas?

    • John Stark
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 15, 2013
        ID search only searches radio ID not TG's so it will only show ID's on the group or groups you have active.

        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 15, 2013
          I'm not 100% today (far from it), but I read that
          several times and all I can think to reply is....

          Huh?

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 15, 2013
            Encrypted TGs (that are not locked out or disabled) will still
            show on the display (be received) - only the audio will be muted.

            Joe M.

            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 15, 2013
              You will figure it out Joe...lol

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 15, 2013
                The only thing I can make of it is that you are talking about
                UID display. ID Search does in fact search TGs on a TRS.

                Joe M.

                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 15, 2013
                  Joe,

                  I think he's making a distinction between a group or collection of ID's vs a single ID.
                  Seems a matter of language. Whatever.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 15, 2013
                    I believe the radio will only find new ID's that have not been subsequently programmed into the radio.

                    On Apr 15, 2013, at 5:10 PM, K3RWN wrote:

                    > I was monitoring the local p25 trunked system and came across something I am
                    > not sure about. The system has ten groups. I had all the groups turned off
                    > except one of them. When the 396XT was in ID Scan I was only hearing the
                    > TGs from the group which was turned on which is what I would expect.
                    > However when I did an ID Search I would expect that I would be hearing all
                    > TGs on the system, but I am not.
                    >
                    > Any ideas?

                  • Paul Judd
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 15, 2013
                      Hi Joe and the group,

                      I am also a new user and am just get up and going with my new BCD396XT. I've been a long time user of the PRO-106, so I'm having to switch gears a bit.

                      Sorry to (kinda) jack the topic, but since it has just come up...

                      Is encrypted audio always muted on the BCD396XT? I'm use to hearing the encrypted audio come thru on the PRO-106 as a garbled transmission. Is the muting user selectable on the 396? (Not that I like listening to the garbled audio, but I'm trying to determine if I'm missing some clear comms and it would be helpful to know the audio is unmuted and all transmissions, secure and clear, are coming thru).

                      Thanks,

                      Paul

                      Sent from my iPad

                      On 2013-04-15, at 4:21 PM, MCH <mch@...> wrote:

                      > Encrypted TGs (that are not locked out or disabled) will still
                      > show on the display (be received) - only the audio will be muted.

                      > RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 19
                      > Visit Your Group
                      > Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use • Send us Feedback
                      > .

                    • K3RWN
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 15, 2013
                        I am not talking about Radio IDs but TGs ID. In ID SEARCH the radio should
                        receive any and all TGs that are not locked out, but that is not happening.

                        Rich

                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 15, 2013
                          Rich,

                          See my original reply:

                          ID SEARCH will let you hear any TGs that are not locked out or disabled.

                          What you are seeing is normal, as you aren't receiving those TGs that
                          are in disabled groups.

                          Joe M.

                          K3RWN wrote:
                          > I am not talking about Radio IDs but TGs ID. In ID SEARCH the radio should
                          > receive any and all TGs that are not locked out, but that is not happening.
                          >
                          > Rich

                        • K3RWN
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 15, 2013
                            The light has just gone on! So you are saying that if a group is turned off
                            all the TGs in that group are considered locked out. That makes sense, but
                            I have to admit I never thought of them as being locked out.

                            So ID Search of a system must have all of the groups turned on to actually
                            function properly.

                            That makes sense.

                            Rich

                            K3RWN wrote:
                            > I am not talking about Radio IDs but TGs ID. In ID SEARCH the radio
                            should
                            > receive any and all TGs that are not locked out, but that is not
                            happening.

                            > Rich

                          • Mark Levine, D.C.
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 15, 2013
                              I haven't noticed but has anyone mentioned that in a multi-site system(If
                              this involves a multi site system) , a specific TG may not be active on that
                              particular site/tower if a local authorized user is not affiliated. IOW at
                              times one of my local troopers leaves his car radio on a TG on the other
                              side of the state. When he's in this area, I can hear the other side of the
                              state, when he's at work, nada.

                              ML

                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 15, 2013
                                Actually, they are "disabled" if you simply disabled the Group Quick
                                Key, not locked out, but if they are in a Group that is actually Locked
                                Out, then they would be locked out, too. TGs can also be individually
                                locked out if you hit the L/O button when they come up (once for
                                temporary lockout - twice for permanent lockout).

                                The theory is that if you know a TG enough to program it,
                                then it is not something you would need to search for.

                                Maybe think of ID SEARCH as something to look for new
                                TGIDs; and if you have it programmed, it's not new.

                                Joe M.

                              • David Johnson
                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 15, 2013
                                  It is working normally. Just say you want to look for some new Talk
                                  Groups on a system, but one very active talk group keeps coming up
                                  (say fire brigade). By locking out the active talk groups, it will
                                  only give you new talk groups that aren't programmed, or talk groups
                                  that aren't locked out. Basically, it is the same as ID SCAN, except
                                  it will also give you unprogrammed talk groups.

                                  Sent from my iPhone