Re: [BCD396XT] Control Channel Scanning

  • Peter Laws
    Message 1 of 55 , Apr 1, 2009
      On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 15:15, Dan Danz <dan.danz@...> wrote:
      > Sounds like you're still thinking like a 396 instead of a 396XT owner .
      >

      > Make each tower a site on the system .. you can control which one is active with
      > lock outs and/or SQKs or GPS . and you can even scan both of them.

      This is the thing I'm likely to have trouble with - the whole Site concept.

      Does a Site contain multiple Systems, or is a Site like a System
      except that it has multiple sets of frequencies assigned (with the
      ability to geocode those sets)?

      I know the general theory - you only need to have the TG IDs
      programmed in once and (if GPS equipped), the radio listens for the
      "correct" towers. In my 396T, I have each set of TG IDs duplicated
      for each tower on the Oklahoma system (not every tower, just the ones
      near me). Not nearly as elegant as Sites.

    • J. Newell
      Message 55 of 55 , Apr 2, 2009
        Thanks for the correction!