Re: [BCD396XT] trying to listen to two different types pf systems at once

  • chuck cubbin
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7, 2013
      Thank you for all that respond.  Now that I know that it is possible, my next dumb question is how?
      How does one scan two systems at once?
      I press Function and turn the Volume knob to select the system I want to hear.  Then I push scan.  It then scans the one system  What am I missing here.
      And I am still not sure how the Quick keys work.  I assign my trunk system to #9 and my aircraft to #7.
      On my display the number #7 never flashes.  Just the #9 and my trunk system is the only thing scanning.\.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 7, 2013
        It sounds like you have the System Hold function activated. Is the HOLD
        icon flashing on your screen? If this is the problem, press and hold the
        HOLD button until it beeps (about 2 seconds).

        Joe M.

        chuck cubbin wrote:
        > Thank you for all that respond. Now that I know that it is possible, my next dumb question is how?
        > How does one scan two systems at once?
        > I press Function and turn the Volume knob to select the system I want to hear. Then I push scan. It then scans the one system What am I missing here.
        > And I am still not sure how the Quick keys work. I assign my trunk system to #9 and my aircraft to #7.
        > On my display the number #7 never flashes. Just the #9 and my trunk system is the only thing scanning.\.
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 7, 2013
          Joe is right. I've also had a system and a group locked out by accident
          and didn't know it until I had downloaded the systems from the scanner
          into ARC-XT and noticed the lockout checked on a system. I've also had
          a case where the group for a system didn't have the check-mark in ARC-XT
          which basically locked out that group.

          Are you using Freescan or ARC-XT for programming? If so, dump your
          systems into the program from the scanner and check for systems/groups
          on hold or locked out. that's sometimes quicker than using the scanner
          to check if you aren't totally familiar with the menus in the scanner.

          Mike