Re: [BCD396XT] trying to listen to two different types pf systems at once

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5 12:05 PM
      Yes, it is. Just scan both systems.

      If you mean "both at once" being active on both
      channels at the same time, that is not possible.

      Joe M.

      rd wrote:
      > I have had my 396xt for only a few months now. I live in Orange County CA. The county system is 800 mhz analog/digital trunk. I would like to monitor that and local air traffic at the same time. I have both in as separate systems. One as a Conventional, and the other as a Trunked. Is it possible to monitor both of them at once. Please feel to email me directly if you wish. Thank you.

    • chuck cubbin
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 7 9:34 AM
        Thank you for all that respond.  Now that I know that it is possible, my next dumb question is how?
        How does one scan two systems at once?
        I press Function and turn the Volume knob to select the system I want to hear.  Then I push scan.  It then scans the one system  What am I missing here.
        And I am still not sure how the Quick keys work.  I assign my trunk system to #9 and my aircraft to #7.
        On my display the number #7 never flashes.  Just the #9 and my trunk system is the only thing scanning.\.

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 7 11:18 AM
          It sounds like you have the System Hold function activated. Is the HOLD
          icon flashing on your screen? If this is the problem, press and hold the
          HOLD button until it beeps (about 2 seconds).

          Joe M.

          chuck cubbin wrote:
          > Thank you for all that respond. Now that I know that it is possible, my next dumb question is how?
          > How does one scan two systems at once?
          > I press Function and turn the Volume knob to select the system I want to hear. Then I push scan. It then scans the one system What am I missing here.
          > And I am still not sure how the Quick keys work. I assign my trunk system to #9 and my aircraft to #7.
          > On my display the number #7 never flashes. Just the #9 and my trunk system is the only thing scanning.\.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 7 11:47 AM
            Joe is right. I've also had a system and a group locked out by accident
            and didn't know it until I had downloaded the systems from the scanner
            into ARC-XT and noticed the lockout checked on a system. I've also had
            a case where the group for a system didn't have the check-mark in ARC-XT
            which basically locked out that group.

            Are you using Freescan or ARC-XT for programming? If so, dump your
            systems into the program from the scanner and check for systems/groups
            on hold or locked out. that's sometimes quicker than using the scanner
            to check if you aren't totally familiar with the menus in the scanner.

            Mike