Log CTCSS

  • Tom Hayward
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
      I want to log all of the CTCSS tones in use on the frequencies 145.13 and
      145.28 MHz. I don't care about any other frequencies. I have a BCD396XT and
      a computer available. What's the best way to accomplish this?

      Tom

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
        There are several PC programs that will log.
        Which one do you use for programming?
        It may support logging.

        Joe M.

        Tom Hayward wrote:
        > I want to log all of the CTCSS tones in use on the frequencies 145.13 and
        > 145.28 MHz. I don't care about any other frequencies. I have a BCD396XT and
        > a computer available. What's the best way to accomplish this?
        >
        > Tom

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
          I've wondered about this, too. I use ARC-XT Pro and when using the
          Virtual Scanner control it logs the CTCSS or DCS that's programmed with
          the frequency, but I'm not sure if it can be done or how it can be done
          to search for a tone on a frequency that doesn't have the tone
          programmed with it. On my PRO-96, if a tone wasn't programmed with the
          channel, it could be set to show what, if any, tone was being used by
          the present transmission.

          Mike

          On 4/4/2013 7:45 PM, MCH wrote:
          > There are several PC programs that will log.
          > Which one do you use for programming?
          > It may support logging.
          >
          > Joe M.
          >
          > Tom Hayward wrote:
          >> I want to log all of the CTCSS tones in use on the frequencies 145.13 and
          >> 145.28 MHz. I don't care about any other frequencies. I have a BCD396XT and
          >> a computer available. What's the best way to accomplish this?
          >>
          >> Tom
        • John Stark
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
            FreeScan logs known and unknown tones whether CTCSS or DCS

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
              Freescan from scannow.org can do that.

              On Apr 4, 2013, at 4:14 PM, Tom Hayward wrote:

              > I want to log all of the CTCSS tones in use on the frequencies 145.13 and
              > 145.28 MHz. I don't care about any other frequencies. I have a BCD396XT and
              > a computer available. What's the best way to accomplish this?
              >
              > Tom

            • Tom Hayward
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
                On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 7:12 PM, John Stark <johnstark@...> wrote:

                > FreeScan logs known and unknown tones whether CTCSS or DCS

                Thanks for the tips everyone. I got FreeScan set up doing logging and
                even recording the associated audio. I've been using FreeScan for
                programming and I had no idea it could do control and audio recording
                as well.

                Tom